Monday, April 20, 2009

Rainy Mondays

Sometimes it seems that only gardeners can find gladness for rainy Mondays. God is taking care of our garden today. I do not have to drag hoses around to pots or transplants, and Scott's seed is damp without effort. The pollen has been washed out of the air. What a little relief. What a gift.

When all the gardening is caught up is when I won't find gladness in the rain. That makes me chuckle. When is gardening ever caught up? God willing, my garden will never be done. It's an endless and unconditional sort of love affair, this hobby of mine.

One day I will have an irrigation system, but I will make sure it has a rain sensor to spare us the wasted water. There will always be room for gladness for the rains.


Rain is grace; rain is the sky condescending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life. - John Updike


Y

No comments:

Post a Comment