Thursday, May 3, 2012

Flowers, Flowers Everywhere

I grew up with two brothers, and we have all lived in different states all of our adult years.  Needless to say, we don't see each other very often.  For several years, all three of us were able to meet at my older brother's summer party.  He called it a luau, and it was great fun.  It's always a wonderful reunion when I get together with my brothers.  We tell stories and reminisce and laugh well into the next morning.  Other than my husband and sister-in-law, I barely notice the other thirty people that show up.

I had wanted a tattoo for a long time.  When I was in high school, my older stepsister took me to see one of her friends, but it was a pretty scary scene to me at the time, so I did not get the undecided pretty (butterfly, heart..) I wanted on my shoulder.  I ended up with a tiny blip on my finger that I later had removed.  But I digress.

Fast forward 25 years, and I finally decided on the perfect first tattoo; I wanted a siblings tattoo (on my foot).  Something reminiscent of all of the great times we have had and the love that I have for my brothers.  I chose the tropical Hibiscus to represent our luau reunions, and the three buds represent each of us siblings.  The tattoo artist designed it for me (Blue Flame in Raleigh hosts some real talent).  It turned out to be significantly larger than I had wanted.  My artist insisted on size to really showcase the details of the Hibiscus plant, and I don't argue with artists!  Large or small, my tattoo gives me exactly the warm and happy thoughts I was looking for.

Y

No comments:

Post a Comment