Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Feathered Residents

pictures from web
We have lots of birds coming and going, but the wrens, cardinals, titmice, and chickadee's never leave.  The Carolina Wren is a longtime favorite of mine.  They sing the most recognizable songs to me.  The Northern Cardinal is our beautifully vibrant-colored state bird, the Tufted Titmouse seems less than noteworthy but they are always gentle little souls at the feeder, and the Carolina Chickadee always appear in flocks around trees in berry.  I love having all of them as frequent visitors and permanent residents here.  It requires little effort to keep them fed on a wooded lot, but I keep a couple seed feeders and suet cakes hanging around to make sure they are extra happy.

It is about that time of year to start seeing more woodpeckers, finches, towhee's, robins, and so on.  And I will be watching for them all, with my Stokes Field Guide and binoculars always handy.

Y

No comments:

Post a Comment